Skip to content Skip to navigation

Town Planning

Planning Permits relate to the use and development of the land.

Council's Planning Department is responsible for land use and development under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 through the provisions of the Wangaratta Planning Scheme and for administering subdivisions in accordance with the Subdivision Act 1988. 

The Wangaratta Planning Scheme is the governing document for use, development and protection of land in the Rural City of Wangaratta.

Planning Permits can only be issued by Council, VCAT or the Minister for Planning. 

Before you start a new business, construct a new building, or change the way land or buildings are used you need to check if a planning permit is required. You may require a Planning Permit for a house, business, building works, fence or removing or lopping native vegetation, depending on the zone and overlays applicable to your property.


Back to top