Building forms

All building forms, fees and payment details can be found quickly on this page. 

Making a payment

Payments can be made:

  • online via our eServices portal, or
  • in person at the Planning and Building Counter, Wangaratta Government Centre, 62 - 68 Ovens Street, Wangaratta.

When you receive an invoice it will include instructions on how to pay.

Make a payment online

Building Fees

Our building fees are updated each financial year. Please contact us for assistance with building fees or call us on 5722 0888.

Building Forms

All building forms can be found below. If it is your first time interacting with our Building Department and you need some help, please contact us on 5722 0888 or

Occupancy Permits

Occupancy permits are documents that signify that a building surveyor is satisfied that the completed building work is suitable for occupation.

A building permit will specify whether you require either an occupancy permit or a certificate of final inspection prior to occupation of a building.

Building work for a new home (including units or apartments), or commercial premises will always require an occupancy permit to be issued. Where an occupancy permit is required, it is an offence to occupy a building until the occupancy permit has been granted.

Occupancy Permit Application Form(PDF, 107KB)

POPE and Temporary Structures

If running an event it is likely you will need either a an Occupancy Permit for Places of Public Entertainment (POPE) or an Occupancy Permit for a Prescribed Temporary Structure (PTS). Depending on the nature of your event and the structures you are using, you may need both types of permits.

POPE Permit Application(PDF, 184KB)

PTS Siting Application(PDF, 154KB)

Report and Consent

You need to complete the Report and Consent process when work is planned that may affect community assets, infrastructure or the amenity of the area that may be compromised by the proposed building work.

Examples include:

  • Siting of a dwelling
  • Building over an easement
  • Building in a flood-prone area
  • Projections beyond street alignment
  • Building above or below public facilities
  • Precautions over street alignment
  • Installing or altering a septic tank system
  • Demolition of buildings

A Building Permit for any such work cannot be issued by your Building Surveyor until the Report and Consent process has been completed.

Prior to submitting an application for Report and Consent please discuss this with your Building Surveyor.

To request an application form for Report and Consent please contact the Building Department on 03 5722 0888 or

Septic Tanks

If your property is not in a declared sewerage area and you are proposing to build a new dwelling you will be required to install an onsite wastewater disposal system (septic tank) to treat household wastewater. 

Application to Install or Alter a Septic System(PDF, 123KB)

Swimming Pools

There is now a requirement for all swimming pools and spas to be registered with Council. Registration involves completing a form and a one off payment. Your swimming pool or spa barrier needs to be inspected every four years. 

A number of forms are needed for swimming pool and spa owners. These are listed below.

Swimming Pool Register Application Form(PDF, 60KB)

Pool Compliance Inspection Request Form(PDF, 158KB)

Property Information Request/Legal Point of Discharge

If you want information on your property and storm water discharge please complete and email the below form with a recent copy of your property title to

Property Information & Legal Point of Discharge Request Form(PDF, 111KB)