The Rural City of Wangaratta has successfully received $4M in funding from the Victorian Government, as part of the King Valley Prosecco Road Revitalisation Project. The project will deliver key outcomes identified by the community as a part of the Rural Placemaking Program.
Township Enhancements at Whitfield & Cheshunt
This project will deliver township improvements to provide much needed upgrades to the streetscapes of both Whitfield and Cheshunt, including drainage, parking, landscape improvements, shared paths for pedestrians and cyclist to provide a safer and more pleasant environment.
Project Status Whitfield:
The Whitfield streetscape works have been successfully completed.
Project Status Cheshunt:
- The construction contract has been awarded.
- Drainage works and kerb and channel installation has been completed on the west side of the street scape.
- Pavement reconstruction works are due to commence soon.
- Traffic management measures will be in place, and minor delays are expected.
Whitfield Adventure Playspace & Visitor Hub
The project will deliver a regionally significant playground and visitor information hub that captures the natural environmental elements, and the needs of the surrounding community and surrounding tourists. The space will be interactive and deliver much needed upgrades to the site amenities, including toilets and picnic seating.
The Design and Construct Contract was awarded at the July Council Meeting to Enviro Culture Services.
Community Consultation on the design was held on 20 September 2022.
A copy of the playground design incorporating the community’s feedback can be found below.
- Construction works have commenced.
- The works site and the toilet block will be closed to the public during the period of works.
- Pedestrian access adjacent to the work site will be restricted throughout the construction period.
- Traffic management will be in place.
King Valley Prosecco Road Gateway Entrance Public Art Project Delivery
The Prosecco Road Public Art Project aims to commission the delivery of iconic public art or sculptural works that will help to create a distinctive sense of arrival to the King Valley region.
The artwork is to be positioned in key locations, including:
- Oxley entrance – on the intersection of the Snow Road and Wangaratta-Whitfield Road.
- Council has been working with the RCOW Public Art Panel to progress this project.
How can I stay involved?
Register your interest with Council to receive email updates on the projects, including upcoming community meetings.
To register either:
Or for further information please visit Council’s website www.wangaratta.vic.gov.au
If you require any further details please contact:
Manager, Infrastructure Planning & Delivery
0427 844 868 / email@example.com
Director Infrastructure Services
0418 999 025 / firstname.lastname@example.org