POPE and temporary structures
If you are running an event you have to make sure you have the right building permits in place. These permits are needed to ensure the community and your customers are safe when enjoying your event.
There are two types of building permits for events:
- An Occupancy Permit for Places of Public Entertainment (POPE)
- An Occupancy Permit for a Prescribed Temporary Structure (PTS).
Depending on the nature of your event and the structures you are using, you may need both types of permits, or just one.
Please contact our Building Department for further information on 03 5722 0888 or email@example.com
An Occupancy Permit for a PTS is needed for:
- Tents, marquees or booths with a floor area greater than 100m2
- Seating stands for more than 20 persons
- Stages or platforms exceeding 150m2 in floor area (this includes sky boarders and
- stage wings)
- Prefabricated buildings exceeding 100m2 (other than ones placed directly on the ground surface)
It's important to note that before you erect your structure, a Siting Approval must be issued by our Building Department.
In the first instance please contact our Events Team to discuss your event on firstname.lastname@example.org.