All swimming pools and spas which can contain water that is more than 300mm deep must have a compliant safety barrier to restrict access to the pool area by young children (under the age of five). Barriers are required for:
- in-ground pools and spas
- above-ground pools and spas, including relocatable and inflatable pools that are capable of holding more than 300 mm depth of water and requiring assembly on site.
- indoor pools and spas
- bathing and wading pools capable of containing more than 300 mm depth of water.
For further information on safety barrier requirements please visit Victoria Building Association (VBA).
Part of registration requires pool and spa owners to have their safety barriers inspected by one of the following:
- a registered building surveyor
- a registered building inspector
- a municipal building surveyor
If you pass the inspection, you will receive a Certificate of Barrier Compliance. A new Certificate of Compliance will be required every four years.
If you would like us to inspect your pool, please follow the process below.