The Rural City of Wangaratta are preparing a Walking and Cycling Strategy with the aim to increase the number of people walking and cycling in the Rural City of Wangaratta.
The strategy will identify the following:
- Ways to make walking and cycling easier and more accessible and more enjoyable for more people.
- Priority improvements to the quality, safety and continuous nature of facilities to better connect people to where they want to go.
- What can be done to create a culture of cycling and walking in Wangaratta planning and management functions.
- How to encourage more people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to ride and walk for longer and more often.
For more information and to find out how to get involved, follow the link below.
The purpose of the Health Precinct Structure Plan (HPSP) is to develop a long-term guiding framework for land use and built form outcomes within the Health Precinct.
The key objectives of the structure plan are to:
• Create a vision for the future of the precinct, balancing the growth and development of the Health Sector against the established residential land uses.
• Provide specific direction as to where the health and allied activities are to be located.
• Meet the healthcare needs of the municipality and the broader regional area.
• Create a vision and feel for the area that defines built form, open space design, landscape enhancements and entry points.
• Improve access and connectivity including appropriate car parking, walkability, safety, all ability access, public transport and emergency vehicle access.
• Demonstrate environmental sustainability.
Any further enquiries regarding the Draft Health Precinct Structure Plan, please contact Councils Strategy team on 5722 0888 or email@example.com.
Written Submissions must be received by 5pm Friday 31 May 2019.
View a copy of the draft structure plan here
Draft Wangaratta Health Precinct Structure Plan Community Drop-in Session
Councils Strategy team will be on hand to talk through and answer any questions the community may have in relation to the draft plan
Date: Wednesday 10th April, 2019
Time: 3.30pm – 6.30pm
Location: Council Chamber
Wangaratta Government Centre
62-68 Ovens Street
Note: The Strategy team is also available to answer questions anytime during the exhibition period at Council’s planning counter.