Pensioner Rate Assistance Scheme
If you hold a Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran Affairs Gold Card (marked WAR WID or TPI), you may be eligible for the following rebate:
- 50% rebate (to a maximum of $24) on your council rates
- $50 rebate on the Fire Services Property Levy
- $15 rebate on the recycling charge (if applicable).
To apply for a first time rebate, you must:
- Fill in the Concession Application form(PDF, 143KB)
- Bring the form, your rates notice and concession card into the Wangaratta Government Centre, 62 - 28 Ovens Street, Wangaratta for verification.
If you received a rebate last year and your circumstances have not changed, you will automatically be granted a rebate this year.
Financial hardship assistance
If you are finding it difficult to pay your rates by the due date please contact our Rates team as soon as possible on 5722 0838 to discuss your circumstances and options available.
Alternatively you can request a payment plan for your rates account below. Please note that interest will be charged at 10% per annum until the account is brought up to date.
Request a Payment Plan
You can also access free, confidential and independent financial advice and assistance through: