If you plan to trade from a vehicle (e.g car, van, caravan, trailer), on public roads or Council controlled land, you will need to get an Itinerant Trading permit.
There are certain scenarios where a permit will not be granted, including if the trading is:
- within 300 metres of a permanent business that is selling the same or similar category product (food, retail etc), unless you are approved to be part of a Council approved festival or other event.
- within 500 metres of a festival or other event unless expressly permitted by Council;
- obstructing or restricting pedestrian or vehicle traffic, any footpath or road
- obstructing or interfering with entry to or exit from any buildings or land;
- in an area already belonging to another Itinerant Trader; or
- in an area which is different to what is specified on your permit.
Please refer to the below fees and charges.
Animals and Local Laws Fees and Charges 2022-23(PDF, 130KB)