Youth Council is a group of up to 12 young people aged between 14 – 18 years which meets regularly to discuss youth issues, help organise youth & community events and take part in leadership forums and self development activities.
Youth Council is a 12 month commitment.
• talk with other young people to learn what are the important issues to them;
• provide advice to Council to make sure that young people’s concerns are heard;
• work towards making Wangaratta a more liveable place for young people by providing young people with safe social activities and supporting community groups;
• provide young people with information;
• represent young people at Youth Council and at other public forums and functions; and
• work with other wider community groups to make your community a better place to be.
Upcoming Youth Council Meetings
- 11 February 2019, Council Chambers (Wangaratta Government Centre)
- 18 March, Council Chambers
- 13 May, Council Chambers
- 17 June, TBC
- 22 July, Council Chambers
- 19 August, Council Chambers
- 16 September, TBC
- 21 October, Council Chambers
- 18 November, Council Chambers