Youth Council is a group of up to 20 young people aged between 14 – 18 years which meets regularly to discuss youth issues, help organise youth & community events and take part in leadership forums and self development activities.
Youth Council is a 12 month commitment.
• talk with other young people to learn what are the important issues to them;
• provide advice to Council to make sure that young people’s concerns are heard;
• work towards making Wangaratta a more liveable place for young people by providing young people with safe social activities and supporting community groups;
• provide young people with information;
• represent young people at Youth Council and at other public forums and functions; and
• work with other wider community groups to make your community a better place to be.
Upcoming Youth Council Meetings
All Youth Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers at the Wangaratta Government Centre, corner of Ford and Ovens Streets, Wangaratta. 2020 Youth Council meeting dates:
- 17 March 2020 @ 4.30pm
- 14 April
- 12 May
- 9 June
- 14 July
- 11 August
- 8 September
- 6 October
- 10 November
- 8 December