Organic Processing Plant
An Organic Processing Plant being constructed in Bowser East will soon turn Wangaratta's food and garden waste into compost.
Timelines: February 2018 - October 2019
Objective: To provide a regional organic processing facility at former Bowser Landfill site located at North Wangaratta. Council has EPA approval to process 5200 tonnes of organic waste each year at the facility once it is constructed to EPA specifications. Some $500,000 in funding from Sustainability Victoria was received for this project.
- The installation of 1.2 km of access road constructed from recycled concrete
- Purchase and importation of Managed Organic Recycling telemetry and equipment from USA
- Upgrade and installation of three phase power to the site
- Construction of contact water catchment pond and stormwater swale drains
- Construction of seven compost bunkers (8m wide, 1m high by 25m long) with aeration falling
- Construction of the 25m x 50m receival processing shed
- Construction of staff amenities facility
- Browns Wangaratta have been appointed to complete the construction of the bunkers, receival shed and the amenities facilities works are well under way and on schedule for the October