Covid-19 Community Support
Rural City of Wangaratta has introduced a range of measures to assist ratepayers, residents and sporting clubs who’ve been financially impacted by Covid-19.
The measures are part of an initial Council response to Covid-19 and are separate to any further assistance that may come from advocacy to both state and federal governments. Businesses and ratepayers not financially impacted by Covid-19 are encouraged to continue to pay rates and charges to ensure Council's financial support reaches those most in need.
Financial support for ratepayers
- The fourth quarterly rates instalment has been extended to 30 June 2020.
- Flexible rate payment plans are available for those experiencing financial hardship – please call us on 5722 0888 to discuss.
- Interest will not be charged for overdue rates, or other payments, through to 30 June 2020.
Financial support for community
- Anyone experiencing financial difficulty paying their animal registration (due 10 April) is encouraged to contact Council so that a flexible payment plan can be put in place.
- Use of car parking meters is currently suspended until 30 June 2020.
- Seasonal licence agreements for sports clubs are not being charged whilst there’s no sporting use.
State and Federal support for community and individuals
Social support for community
- Community members are encouraged to stay socially connected while practising physical distancing
- Council's Together Wangaratta campaign is aimed at promoting community connections. Follow Council on Facebook @WangarattaCouncil and use the hashtag #togetherwangcan to stay connected.