Latest News - Financial Support
Rural City of Wangaratta has introduced a range of measures to assist businesses, ratepayers, residents and sporting clubs who’ve been financially impacted by Covid-19.
The measures are part of an initial Council response to Covid-19 and are separate to any further assistance that may come from advocacy to both state and federal governments. Businesses and ratepayers not financially impacted by Covid-19 are encouraged to continue to pay rates and charges to ensure Council's financial support reaches those most in need.
Council support for ratepayers
- The fourth quarterly rates instalment has been extended to 30 June 2020.
- Flexible rate payment plans are available for those experiencing financial hardship – please call us on 5722 0888 to discuss.
- Interest will not be charged for overdue rates, or other payments, through to 30 June 2020.
Council support for community
- With animal registration payments due on 10 April we are encouraging anyone suffering financial hardship to contact us.
- Use of Car parking meters currently suspended until 30 June (also for public health reasons)
- We will not charge seasonal licence agreements for sports clubs whilst there’s no sporting use
Council support for businesses
- Any businesses affected by Covid-19 who wish to change their Commercial Waste Services can do until 30 June. Call us on 5722 0888 to make alternative arrangements for this quarter.
- Building & Planning permit fees relating directly to Covid-19 Pandemic will be waived until 30 June
- We will continue to pay all suppliers as quickly as possible
- All businesses are encouraged to stay in contact with our Economic Development Unit who send out regular updates on state and federal support available and can assist businesses with localised advice. Email firstname.lastname@example.org