Latest News - Community Assistance
Council has announced a second round of community assistance measures, which came into place on 1 July 2020.
These include the creation of a $372,000 Business and Community Recovery Grants Program and the slashing of fees for businesses. Details of this program will be announced in coming weeks.
Individuals having difficulty paying their rates will continue to be offered access to Council’s Financial Hardship Policy and are encouraged to contact Council to put a flexible payment plan in place. To date just over 35 individuals have registered for this since March 2020.
Direct asssiatnce available for our community:
- If you are having difficulty paying your rates please contact Council as soon as possible to put a flexible payment plan in place.
- Additionally, interest will not be charged for 2019/20 overdue rates until 30 September 2020.
- 50% reduction in business premises registration fees (for businesses such as cafes, restaurants and beauty salons)
- Waive upcoming renewal fees for caravan parks, usually due November 2020
- Waive fees for footpath trading permits (a permit is still required but will be free for signage and outdoor dining permits)
- All businesses are encouraged to stay in contact with our Economic Development Unit who send out regular updates on state and federal support available and can assist businesses with localised advice. Email email@example.com
- 50% reduction in Building and Planning Permit fees for community groups
- No ground fees for sporting clubs until 1 October