Skip to content Skip to navigation

Covid-19 Council Services

Changes to Council Services:

  • Wangaratta Library is physically closed but staff can still help over the phone or online. Stay tuned to the Library's Facebook page on ways the library will stay connected with our community.
  • Wangaratta Art Gallery is physically closed, please follow via the Gallery's Facebook page for news from Gallery staff.
  • Our Visitor Information Centre is closed, but staff remain accessible through calling 1800 801 605. 
  • All shows , events and conferences at the Wangaratta Performing Arts and Convention Centre have been suspended and the building has closed.
  • Intermezzo Cafe has re-opened for takeaway. 
  • Wangaratta Indoor Sports and Aquatic Centre (WISAC) is closed. 
  • All playgrounds are closed.
  • All skateparks have closed.
  • Parking meters have been covered.
  • All community halls are closed. Information for hall committees click here. If you have a question regarding an essential support purpose, please contact Council.

Council services still operating:

  • Maternal and Child Health Services continue to provide services with some changes to client interactions. 
  • Wangaratta Government Centre remains open but we are actively discouraging members of the public from attending in person. If you have an enquiry or need to make a payment please go online or call us.  
  • Council Meetings are continuing, but we are actively discouraging in person attendance. Watch online instead. 
  • Your bins will continue to be collected, transfer stations and Landfill remain open. 
  • Wangaratta Children’s Services Centre’s Long Day Care, Kindergarten and Family Day Care remain open. 
  • Wangaratta Aged and Disability Care continue to provide home care and packaged care, with some changes to client interactions. 
  • Capital works and all field services are continuing. 
  • The Planning Department is Still Open However the Planning Counter is Closed. Contacting the Planning Department is to be via phone and email only. If phoning the Planning Department, please do so between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday. Please note that an Officer may not be able to assist straight away. All applications need to lodged via email (can use Dropbox). Payments are to be made online.

Council is acting on the advice currently provided by the State Government.

We will be constantly and carefully monitoring this situation as it evolves. Things will develop over the coming days and weeks, and we will always make decisions with the health and safety of our community and staff in mind. We will keep you updated as things change.

While physical interactions may be limited during this time, we encourage our community to continue to support and connect with each other. 

Back to top