Covid-19 Council Services
Changes to Council Services from 11.59pm on Wednesday 5 August:
Council services still operating with Covid-safe protocals in place:
- Wangaratta Government Centre remains open but we are actively discouraging members of the public from attending in person. If you have an enquiry or need to make a payment please go online or call us.
- Council Meetings are continuing, but we are actively discouraging in person attendance. Watch online instead.
- Your bins will continue to be collected, transfer stations and Landfill remain open.
- Wangaratta Children’s Services Centre’s Long Day Care, Kindergarten and Family Day Care remain open.
- Wangaratta Aged and Disability Care continue to provide home care and packaged care, with some changes to client interactions.
- Capital works and all field services are continuing.
The Planning Department is Still Open However the Planning Counter is Closed. Contacting the Planning Department is to be via phone and email only. If phoning the Planning Department, please do so between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday. Please note that an Officer may not be able to assist straight away. All applications need to lodged via email (can use Dropbox). Payments are to be made online.
Council is acting on the advice currently provided by the State Government.