Youth Council is a group of up to 12 young people aged between 14 – 18 years which meets regularly to discuss youth issues, help organise youth & community events and take part in leadership forums and self development activities.
Youth Council is a 12 month commitment.
• talk with other young people to learn what are the important issues to them;
• provide advice to Council to make sure that young people’s concerns are heard;
• work towards making Wangaratta a more liveable place for young people by providing young people with safe social activities and supporting community groups;
• provide young people with information;
• represent young people at Youth Council and at other public forums and functions; and
• work with other wider community groups to make your community a better place to be.