Tourism Event Funding
The Rural City of Wangaratta Tourism Events Funding Program supports the growth of events in the region that attract intrastate, interstate and international visitors.
Events supported under this program have a strong tourism focus that demonstrate the potential to promote the destination and aligns with the strategies of the Rural City of Wangaratta.
Applicants are required to outline how the funding will assist the event to contribute to one or more of the following key objectives:
- Increase visitation to the region
- Enhance Wangaratta as a holiday destination
- Attract key target markets
- Provides an economic benefit
- Enhances the culture of the community
- Supports and enhances the local tourism strengths
- Grow the event to become financially viable and sustainable
The Tourism Event Funding Program provides funding up to:
- $5,000 for Marquee and Major events
- $2,000 for Minor events
Marquee events – attracts greater than 3,000 visitors and provides a significant economic benefit
Major events – attracts between 500 to 2,999 visitors
Minor events – attracts less than 500 visitors
As application opening dates are decided, they will be listed on this page.