Drought Bores and Stand Pipes
Drought bores and stand pipes are available to assist the community through dry conditions.
Council has drought bores located at Moyhu, Boorhaman, Bowmans-Murmungee, Greta West, Frosts Crossing and Boralma.
These drought bores are for domestic and stock use only and not suitable for human consumption. It is free to access the bores but they are monitored by Council and any abuse of the bores could result in access being denied to the sites.
In addition to the drought bores there are also two stand pipes in Wangaratta where treated potable water can be accessed at a minimal cost. These are located at Apex Park and at the Wangaratta Livestock Exchange in Sandford Road.
Community Drought Bore Locations:
- Boorhaman – adjacent to Boorhaman Fire Station
- Boralma/Springhurst – McMahons Road (200m west of Federation Way)
- Bowmans-Murmungee – Stone Bridge Lane (opposite Bowmans-Murmungee Fire Station)
- Greta West – Intersection of Glenrowan-Moyhu Road and Oxley-Greta West Road
- Moyhu – Moyhu Recreation Reserve
- Peechelba – Frost’s Lane (100m east of the Wangaratta-Yarrawonga Rd)
Stand Pipe Locations:
- Apex Park, Wangaratta
- Wangaratta Livestock Exchange, Sandford Rd
For more information on accessing the drought bores, please contact Council on 5722 0888.
Emergency Water Supply Points across the state
The Department of Environment, Water, Land and Planning (DELWP) website has an interactive map showing the locations of Emergency Water Supply Points across Victoria. Click the button below to link to the website.