Skip to content Skip to navigation

Itinerant Trading

Itinerant Traders must obtain a permit when trading is to occur:

  • from a vehicle
  • from any temporary method of transport including a caravan, trailer or other similar structure; 
  • from a road;
  • from a property including any Council land or public place; or
  • adjacent to or on a road

Itinerant traders must not:

  • trade within 300 metres of an established permanent business that is selling the same or a similar product
  • trade within 500 metres of a Council approved festival without holding the appropriate permit or authorisation for that festival approved by Council
  • restrict the flow of pedestrian traffic
  • interfere with entry to or exit from any building or driveways
  • obstruct any footway or roadway

Breaches will be subject to 2 Penalty Units


Back to top