Due to the changes in the Red Cycle program Council recommends that soft plastic film bags or small food item packaging items be placed in the general waste (red) bin.
Single-use plastics ban resources | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au)
Council accepts the following at its transfer stations
Council does not accept the following at its transfer stations
- Coloured and/or printed bags (Coles, Safeway, ALDI bags for example)
- Coloured plastic packaging, wraps, bags
- Plastic bags with Aluminium lining (dog food bags)
- Coloured plastic pallet wrap
Council continues to encourage residents to:
- Avoid plastics that cannot be recycled if other alternatives exist.
- Avoid products with excess or unnecessary plastic packaging.
- Utilise reusable items such as water bottles, shopping bags and keep cups to minimise waste generation.
Residents are welcome to contact the Council waste team to discuss.