The Victorian Government has announced restrictions will further ease in Regional Victoria (excluding Ballarat) from 11.59pm on Friday, 17 September.
The eased restrictions means the Wangaratta Sports and Aquatic Centre can re-open with capped numbers as follows:
- Indoor exercise (10 people)
- Outdoor exercise (20 people)
- Outdoor pool (50 people)
Visit WSAC website or Facebook for full details.
In addition, the following Council facilities are now open with the latest restrictions in place:
- Customer Service Counter and Planning and Building Counter at the Wangaratta Government Centre
- Wangaratta Visitor Information Centre (limited opening hours)
- Wangaratta Art Gallery
- Wangaratta Library - Click & Collect will also continue
- Wangaratta Children’s Services Centre
- Community halls and sporting grounds
- Skate parks and playgrounds
- Parking meters
- Our compliance team will work as normal (including animal collections)
Wangaratta Performing Arts and Convention Centre
The Box Office will remain closed for visitors at this time. Ticket holders of postponed and cancelled shows will be contacted directly. For performance and conference enquiries, please email email@example.com or phone 03 5722 8105. Visit WPACC website for details.
Intermezzo Café is now open for seated service (within density limits).
Strict density restrictions are in place
Each of our facilities is impacted differently by the density limits, so we recommend that if you are planning to visit the facility, please contact them directly or check their Facebook / website for further details.
Anyone entering a Rural City of Wangaratta facility must sign in, wear a mask when indoors and carry a mask with them at all times.
We thank you for your patience during this time.
Any questions about our services?
Contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5722 0888.
Community members experiencing difficulty at this time are encouraged to contact support services including Lifeline and Beyond Blue:
The Victorian Government's Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website offers up to date information on daily case numbers in Victoria, restriction levels and public exposure sites.
Visit the DHHS website
The Australian Government's Coronavirus (Covid-19) website details the nation response to Covid-19, with information available about the vaccination rollout, as well as helpful advice and resources.
Visit the Australian Government website
We have run a number of programs to assist our businesses through the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Business and Community Recovery Grants
- Assistance with outdoor dining infrastructure
- Reducing some fees
- Running Business workshops
For details of the latest support available subscribe to our Economic Development newsletter.