Latest News - Candidate Information Session
The Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) will run an online community and candidate information session for the Rural City of Wangaratta on Monday 17 August via Zoom.
Date: Monday, 17 August 2020
Time: 5.30pm - 7.30pm
Location: This is an online session run via Zoom. Registrations must be made using the link below.
The Stand for Council Community and Candidate Information session will provide prospective candidates with information about:
- The role and purpose of local government
- The new Local Government Act 2020
- Introduction to your council and information on the municipal area
- Roles, responsibilities and expectations of a councillor
- The experience of being a councillor
- The electoral process and campaigning including key dates and information provided by the Victorian Electoral Commission.
To register for the information session, please click the link below. This will take you to the MAV's event management platform, Cvent. You will receive an email to confirm your registration.