Objectives of the Committee
- To provide advice to Council on arts, cultural and heritage issues that impact upon the community.
- To promote arts, cultural and heritage, opportunities within the community through networks.
- To advise on the development of, and oversee implementation of a Cultural Plan within the Rural City of Wangaratta.
- To encourage and facilitate joint initiatives between, local business and industry, educational institutions, Council and community groups and other relevant stakeholders within the Rural City of Wangaratta.
- To ensure all sectors of the community within the Rural City of Wangaratta have the opportunity to provide input into the directions and issues considered by the Committee.
Functions of the Committee
- To establish special interest task forces and sub-committees on strategic matters (where appropriate) to carry out work on behalf of the Committee Such task forces and sub-committees shall be required to report findings to the Committee.
- To provide advice in relation to specific projects and programs.
- To provide quality and timely advice, make recommendations, or provide comment to Council on issues considered appropriate by the Committee or matters referred by Council to the Committee.
- On behalf of the Rural City of Wangaratta, advocate for arts, cultural, and heritage initiatives where appropriate.
- To advise on the preparation and delivery of submissions for arts, cultural and heritage initiatives, where appropriate.
- To inform, liaise with and seek input from appropriate businesses, stakeholders, relevant agencies and the community with regard to Committee issues.
- To attract new arts, culture and heritage opportunities to the Rural City of Wangaratta.
Arts, Culture & Heritage Advisory Committee Charter (192 KB)
Last Updated: 01-07-2013