Objectives of the Committee
To ensure that the Council is kept informed of:
To provide input into planning and policy development relating to agriculture and agribusiness.
To advise on agricultural land and water resource issues.
To provide all sectors of the agricultural community within the Rural City of Wangaratta with the opportunity of input into the directions and issues considered by Council to do with agriculture and agribusiness.
- opportunities for the establishment and/or development of agriculture and agribusiness
- risks to the operation or future of agriculture / agribusiness.
Functions of the Committee
- To provide advice, make recommendations or provide comment to Council on issues considered appropriate by the Committee or matters referred by Council to the Committee.
- To provide input into the Wangaratta Saleyards Business Plan and livestock marketing initiatives.
- To advise on the development of strategies to address the impact of climate change and adverse weather events.
- To inform, liaise and seek input from agricultural stakeholders, relevant industry groups and broader rural sector with regard to agriculture and agribusiness.
- To provide advice on impacts of Government Policy and programs related to agriculture and agribusiness.
- To provide oversight and further development of the Alpine Valleys Agrifood initiative.
- To attract new investment and encourage the adoption of agricultural best practice within the Rural City of Wangaratta.
Agriculture & Agribusiness Advisory Committee Charter (246 KB)
Last Updated: 01-07-2013